Sports Massage Therapy Team
The FSMTA created the Sports Massage Therapy Team and Sports Team Training class in keeping with their Mission and Vision Statements:
“To unify the Massage Therapy Profession while creating, representing, and promoting standards of excellence in health care” and “To promote Public Awareness of Massage Therapy in Florida Through Education and Professionalism.”
Central Florida – Sports Team
Serving Florida’s Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Sumter Counties,
Events and Sports Chair: VACANT
Please contact: Crystal A. Howard, Chapter President – email@example.com
All of our Licensed Massage Therapists have liability insurance, have specialized training, are experienced at working events.
Pre/Post Event Sports Massage:
- Pre-Event Massage – A day or more before an event, deep tissue techniques such as, Neuromuscular Therapy, Myofascial Therapy and therapeutic stretching is done to prepare for competition and to address any particular issues the athlete may have. This is a good time to apply kinesiology tape. Immediately before an athlete competes, brisk, invigorating massage techniques stimulate the muscles and increase blood flow in preparation for activity.
- Post-Event Massage – flushing massages and gentle stretches are applied to assist in the athlete’s recovery.
On-site Seated Massage:
- Enhance your next event, trade show or meeting by offering Chair Massage to your clients, attendees, or staff.
- Increase traffic flow to your venue or booth
- Generate additional initial consultations and increase client base.
Counties Serviced (but not limited to):
- You may sponsor your event by choosing to pay a fixed rate for each Massage Therapist. This entitles your participants, guests or employees to massage within a predetermined amount of time. Or, you may choose to have your attendees pay individually. Cash and credit cards are accepted at events.
- Non-Profit Organizations: FSMTA will donate a percentage of their profits to your organization.